April, 28th 2019
I was indecisive especially with all the anxiety from living in the city surrounded by ambitious people and their fast-moving feet. I felt like I had to literally grow wings in order to keep up, to compete to be successful. So I kept trying on different shoes and none of them fit until I grabbed the pair I owned already. I am currently back in my old shoes and happier. No more of my shoe analogy, what I am trying to say is that its ok to be confused and not know where you are going or what you are doing because chances are that faith and intuition will get you to your destination.
- You already somehow know what is that you want to do. We know ourselves, what is it that you’d love to do that you have the skills to make a living out of.
- The hobby you love can lead to a fulfilling career but always have a backup plan. Or the hobby can just be an additional income.
- Keep trying things and then do the thing that sticks.
Life can be viewed as this orb full of interesting paths. Put in the effort and things will map out.
Last night I started my graduate school application because I realized that I want to be a social worker. I have the skills and training. Yes, I’m passionate about Poetry and other creative mediums but I don’t have to give any of this up. Who knows maybe one day I’ll go back to school again for my MFA. The sky is truly the limit as cliche as that sounds. I’m happy knowing that I don’t have to give anything up for my happiness. I am only twenty-three without kids so I may just have one side of things but I believe if you have even thirty minutes for yourself use it for bettering your life.
- Light candles
- Pray if you are religious or call on positive energy from the universe
- Take a bubble bath
- Use a planner
- Set long term and short-term goal
- Surround yourself with people who are ambitious